Your Gift Changes Lives
Who was there for you as you stepped into adulthood? Who supported, pushed, and challenged you? Who listened to your concerns and talked about your future? Who helped with college applications, first job interviews, and balancing your first checkbook?
Together, we can all be there for Virginia’s foster youth. Great Expectations, like many programs at Virginia’s Community Colleges, is supported through private donations to the Virginia Foundation for Community College Education and the foundations of the community colleges. Help us expand the promise of Great Expectations to all young people leaving foster care in Virginia.
With your support, we can:
- Expand the number of coaches statewide so that all foster youth get the help they need to enroll and stay in college
- Provide emergency assistance for housing, transportation, and other real-world issues that directly affect a foster student’s ability to succeed in school
- Grow peer mentor programs that connect young people with former foster students who have been successful
- Create scholarship incentives for short-term workforce credentials for occupations such as Cyber Security Analysts, Welders, Pharmacy Technicians, Logisticians, HVACR Technicians, or Electricians
- Build a two-week summer bridge program to prepare new students